A lot of people didn't like many things associated with the Galaxy S4 and it seems like the Galaxy S4 Mini is a perfect answer to the problems a lot of us had with the main flagship. The main problems of course focus on the size and cost of the original device. However, will this Mini device really stand up to its name? The S3 Mini model was quite a failure when compared to its bigger brother, so let us see if this new device will be any better.
|Press photo of the new device. Click to zoom.|
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini looks rather good and it is obviously a lot more compact and portable than the bigger flagship. The display is 4.3 inches and in spite of the bad resolution settings the display quality is quite sharp and impressive. So, without further to do, let us just dive right in to the Galaxy S4 Mini's specs!
General Specs and Design of the S4 Mini
- Smartphone dimensions: 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm (4.91 x 2.41 x 0.35 in).
- The original model had the following body dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm (5.38 x 2.75 x 0.31 in).
- Weight: 107 g (3.77 oz); this 23g lighter than the larger device.
- Display: 540 x 960 pixels, 4.3 inches (~256 ppi pixel density); Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- 16 million colors and multitouch support.
- Internal memory: 8 GB, but 5 GB is actually user-available.
- RAM: 1.5 GB for the standard 3G model and 2GB for the advanced LTE device.
- Extra storage: Both models have microSD card support with up to 64 GB expansion.
- Operating system: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Colors: White Frost and Black Mist (same as the original).
|The White Frost model.|
Advanced Specs and Hardware details
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400
- CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Primary camera: 8 MP
- Max format: 3264 x 2448 pixels; autofocus and LED flash.
- Secondary camera: 1.9 MP
- Video quality: 1080p at 30 frames per second.
- Data connectivity: USB v2.0, WLAN, Bluetooth, Infrared, NFC, EDGE and GPRS.
- Networking: 2G and 3G is available, however for 4G you need the advanced LTE model (LTE - GT-I9195).
- Battery: Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, but stand-by time has not yet been tested by any reviewer.
Price and Release Date
The details regarding the price and the release date of the Galaxy S4 Mini have not yet been revealed to the general public although we do have some general idea when it comes to the numbers. The Galaxy S4 Mini release date is expected to come somewhere in the first half of July, while the price is expected to be around $400, although most experts and tech savvy users can't really agree with each other when it comes to this.